Monday, March 21, 2011

The Vegas-ication of Disney

I've always been spoiled & had my narrow view of Disney as staying "on property" where everything was magical, innocent & topped with mouse ears. Well shatter that notion. As I drove up some main strip, looking for my $28 per night Best Western, I was bombarded with neon, tchochke shops & chain restaurants stacked on top of each other. Everything was glistening with cheapness, which I am, admittedly, usually drawn to like a moth to a flame.

As I gnaw on my $1.99 shoe leather strip steak, I try to pretend I'm not a stone's throw from all things Disney but since I can't convince myself, I'd feel better if everyone at least wore ears. That's a difficult task when, according to the litter in the hotel parking lot, Ms. Belinda will wear only mouse ears if that's what you're into.

Walt must be spinning in his freezer to see what has overdeveloped on his swampland-turned sanctuary. Most notably, Ms. Belinda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home